the CRACK incentive

Rebecca Silverman becca_vail at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 30 23:05:37 EDT 2002

I'm just now reading my ibogaine folder so I don't mean to restart a convo
that made so many people jump down each others throats but to give one more
woman's opinion I don't get the problem. Or yes I do, but not like why it's
the end of the world.

Offering $200 to someone who has no money and is on drugs will probably
motivate them to get that money so they can do more drugs. I'm sure that
CRACK knows that and that's the whole point of offering it.

I think patrick and preston agreed that it's not a lot of money and for
someone to sit around and wait for that while they are sterilized, they
would find some other way to get money instead, which I also agree with.

Someone else brought up how what should happen is that person should be
offered treatment. Which made me laugh a little because when I was out there
I think one thing I learned is that not all of them, but most of the people
who are out there, want to be. They don't want treatment they want more
drugs. Should they be forcibly helped against their will??

To all the people who got so upset about the potential of killing babies
that don't exist, how do you feel about abortion? I don't get the problem at
all. Sorry.

I don't see the big problem with the incentive and I don't see any simple
solution either because I don't completely side with Patrick and all the
other legalise everything people because I think that would surely increase
drug use at the same time I do think everyone has the right to make their
own choices.

Have a great day all.