[ibogaine] Re: ibogaine and hep c

HSLotsof at aol.com HSLotsof at aol.com
Sat Jul 27 16:32:54 EDT 2002

In a message dated 7/27/02 3:46:38 PM, Joatammmo23 at aol.com writes:

>Why don't we intelligently talk about the scourge of Hep C and what ibogaine
>MAY do to the liver?

Jo,

Ibogaine is metabolized by the liver as are most drugs known to me.  I have
not read any reports on ibogaine injuring the liver but, then ibogaine is not
often used.  There have been a few undocumented reports of ibogaine placing
hep C in remission.  HOWEVER, both Mash in the case of ibogaine and
noribogaine and Glick et al. in the case of 18-mc and its meabolite 18-hc,
indicate concern for ibogaine and ibogaine like drugs having adverse affects
that may include toxicity due to existing liver damage or concurrent use of
drugs/medications making use of the same liver enzyme pathways as do the
iboga alkaloids.

Any person considering ibogaine therapy who is not in good health or has
perceived health concerns should consider taking ibogaine only on the
authorization of a medical doctor providing the drug.

Ibogaine is an experimental medication.  There are known fatalities.

Howard