[ibogaine] neuro!

Brett Calabrese bcalabrese at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 23 15:28:20 EDT 2002

Andria,

> We do know that exercise is usually good at
> stabilsing moods. many of us
> know what kinds of foods to eat, or not
> Others of us know about meditation, sleeping enough,
> writing journals,
> having something meaningful in our lives and a
> relationship with our HPower,
> best friend or whatever

Maybe "we" do but most people still deep in addiction
do not (they may have snips here and there). It is
something I often bring up but even "addiction
treatment professionals" usually focus on THE PROBLEM
and THE TREATMENT while they miss some obvious (and
really easy) solutions like diet, natural products,
meditation, sleep, HP/Spirituality, exercise... These
are some things addicts simply do not know how and
don't usually get help sometimes because they are too
busy with important stuff like getting clean,
sometimes because they just refuse. I have even had AA
members (who should know better) say "NO" when I
suggest to the newcomer to get some exercise to burn
off that "negative energy" or deep breathing
exercises, instead it's "lets keep em busy with Step
1... then on to step 2, that meditation stuff isn't
till step 11 you know".

Brett