[ibogaine] C.R.A.C.K Original statement and more comments

Brett Calabrese bcalabrese at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 23 10:26:34 EDT 2002

> Who gets to decide who is worthy and who is not?

The person getting sterilized, seems very reasonable
to me. And for the money that they are likely to use
for drugs, well that goes for the welfare check,
pay-check or any other check they get their hands on.
This is not forced sterilization, it is $200 (rebate)
should someone choose to get sterilized OR (and you
seemed to focus on the sterilization part) long term
birth control.

> When does simple drug use become reason enough to
> sterilize mothers?

I don't see anyone being forced to do any such thing,
no suggestion or hint of such - though really, I
personally think there are cases where a person should
be forcibly sterilized, at any age (eg, sorry MS 17
year old but you had a child at 12, another at 14,
another at 15, another at 17, you are unmarried, had
all 4 children taken away because of abuse and your
drug addiction and you are pregnant again...). But
that is my "opinion" but maybe I am looking at it like
MOM made her decisions about her life and shouldn't be
allowed (at some point) to have her children suffer
for her disease. Sorry but I just don't see a problem
with someone taking the choice to be sterilized or use
specific birth control methods as some violation of
morality.

Brett