[ibogaine] Eric, whomever, if you do decide to read this through, have 10 mi ns to spare.

Jellking jellking at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 15 23:29:42 EDT 2002

Hi all, I'm really touched by the multitude of helpful suggestions offered to Eric, and though I've been holding back, Andria's compassionate email kind of compels me to offer my favorite book on the subject of being alive: "When Things Fall Apart" by Pema Chodron.  It speaks a little bit to addiction, but is not geared towards substance addictions in particular.  The thing I love most is its quiet wisdom re being human, including all the "bad" stuff and how we choose to be.  It (and meditation, she's a Tibetan Buddhist) might not get anyone off drugs or whatever, but it does teach a method to appreciate and "be with" what is, including ourselves.  Just thought I'd toss it into the mix.  Jane