[ibogaine] Blowing off steam

preston peet ptpeet at nyc.rr.com
Fri Jul 12 18:53:45 EDT 2002

>Another way that I have advocated for the state that I am in,  was when the appropriations committee was going to extract $9 million from substance abuse, which would have closed the only clinic in my state.  I did my homework, went before the committee and presented my reasoning for this life saving treatment.  Guess what?  They put the money back into substance abuse and the rest is history.<

Fantastic Judith. Thanks very much for sharing this story. Would you consider posting this on the drugwar at mindvox list as well? It's a great little editorial.
    Don't let the clinic drive you, graying or not, crazy. Do watcha gotta do. Quite an example you're set here in this note for those "reformers" not "addicted" and still so much more apathetic about things than you, the long-time methadone patient. Maybe that's the key: Put enough people on the firing line....
Peace,
Preston