[ibogaine] Possibility of relapse after ibogaine?

Patrick K. Kroupa digital at mindvox.com
Tue Jul 9 14:40:24 EDT 2002

On [Mon, Jul 08, 2002 at 10:33:12PM -0000], [Curtis  Hersch] wrote:

| I've been reading about ibogaine all afternoon today and man do I
| want to try it. I have got to ask I have been clean for 2 years
| now, would doing up ibogaine help me to enter a better space? I'm
| clean but my life isn't any of that I'm seeing on mindvox, my life
| is trying to make it and not score today it's not nearly as bad as
| it was back a ways but I would not say I'm doing good or happy. Is
| there any kind of danger it might make me relapse after being
| clean? I want to try it now so bad.

Curtis, don't worry, it's all good.  I had lunch with Andrew Wood, Layne
Staley, Kurt Cobain, Shannon Hoon, Jimi Hendrix and Jim Morrison, just the
other day.  It was sorta a light lunch since Elvis raided the buffet table
before anyone else got there, and Keith Richards kept trying to say
something profound but was completely incoherent.  This isn't his fault,
Keith has some unresolved issues; having been dead since 1972 (B.C.), but
unable to leave his body and exit the prime material plane due to a cosmic
glitch.  The Ramones, Stiv Bators and Johnny Thunders, were too
annihilated to get up off the floor and attend.

Saint Wood sends his love and mentions that in heaven nobody's syringe is
ever empty.

Inasmuch as that ibogaine thing is concerned; yeah, it can most definitely
be a highly positive experience even if you have been clean for a while
prior to taking it.  I am unsure I actually know anybody personally who
was ever "clean" and "doing good," then dosed with ibogaine and relapsed
shortly thereafter.

However, seeing how you discovered ibogaine exists yesterday afternoon,
and decided you wanna do it later that evening.  Why dontcha chill, read
more stuff, assimilate things, and give it a while -- oh, say, until
noonish tomorrow or something.  Before taking any CRAZY AKSHUNZ!

Patrick