[ibogaine] war on drugs

preston peet ptpeet at nyc.rr.com
Tue Jul 9 10:30:13 EDT 2002

>There are ways to begin the repeal of prohibition that entail NOT collapsing the world economies,<

See my last post in reply to Carrie Andria. If we as a society do legalize right now, at this moment, the economies all over the world would quite literally collapse, no question about it. But if we do it properly, with care and thought, perhaps we can avoid this. It's one of the major traps that has been created, whether by accident or design, by the waging of this War on Some Drugs.
    Andria, as Catherine Austin Fitts (see her section at drugwar.com for more info on who this is) told me recently in an interview, (which I'm in the midst of transcribing as I write now), that during recent town hall type meetings with normal Americans, when she's finished explaining exactly what is going on with the world-wide drug black markets' she says, "Ok, here's a red button. You can push it and end the War now. Who will push this button?" One hand, maybe two went up in a group of a few hundred people, because to push that button would mean an end to everything as we know it here financially, and most Americans aren't willing to give up all their 401Ks, their "security" which is increasingly looking pretty bleak anyway, so....perhaps we'll see some positive change soon anyway.
    I never said I want to hand power over to a super-power anything, not even at my most enthusiastic moments in NA, which were pretty far and few between actually.
    "Egging PK on" can be...hell, it is amusing, and often harvests some real gems in reply.
Peace,
Preston