[ibogaine] war on drugs

Andria Efthimiou-Mordaunt AndriaEM at drugscope.org.uk
Tue Jul 9 10:32:46 EDT 2002

Carrie

I wish I had more time for this list; or that you guys would also join us at
an growing international coalition of refomers - these are the questions we
discuss all day everyday. This is not Ibogaine talk...

But let me say this briefly then: there are already countries where there is
DE FACTO decriminalisation; on the statute books, all their drugs may still
be illegal, but that is only cos of the International Conventions which we
are beginning to 'attack.'

Come to London one day Carrie, in certain areas, the cops just breathe
deeply when someone walks by with a joint
Holland, as you probably know has the coffee shops; Marijuana on sale, no
law enforcement can stop them
Bits of Australia have some kind of Pot decrim
Heroin is being prescribed in several European countries

Yeh Preston, I know these are only Harm Reduction measures, but as you well
know they NAY be the beginning of much else, MOREOVER, they are saving some
of our peers lives TG!

I find your debates (when you're not being totally potty - PK and PP -
wonderful; if I could I would can some of the things you say, at least get
them on tape and make a play out of them. The fact is you are the folk that
this F drug war f'd most intensely (well some of the most intensely) so your

So don't be talking bollocks to Carrie!!!

Oops, think I may have just started another war; well as long as it don't
prolong the BIG one - DW

SOLIDARITY

I really wish we could have a party; everyone that 'meets' on this list -
don't you think it's about time we all met?!

Andria E-Mordaunt
Users Voice ed./John Mordaunt Trust

MON & WEDS - C/O Drugscope,  32 Loman St, London, SE1 OEE, U.K
0+ 44 (0)207 928 1211 Tel
0+ 44 (0)207 922 8780  Fax

andriaem at drugscope.org.uk
or Usersvoice.jmt at drugscope.org.uk <mailto:Usersvoice.jmt at drugscope.org.uk>