[ibogaine] to be more clear

HSLotsof at aol.com HSLotsof at aol.com
Tue Jul 9 09:12:24 EDT 2002

In a message dated 7/8/02 7:24:12 PM, HSLotsof at aol.com writes:

>In a message dated 7/8/02 7:08:21 PM, crownofthorns72 at rediffmail.com writes:
>
><< Didn't mean to ramble on and I wanted to make sure my question
>more clear so apologies for taking up space with two letters.
>Exactly what I'm asking is first would ibogaine make me feel any
>better if I'm down in the dumps a lot even if I've been clean for
>a while. More important has anyone who was ever doing good taken
>ibogaine and relapsed right after it? Is it something that can set
>you off? >>
>
>Curtis,
>
>In answer to your first question, there is a good chance ibogaine would
>make you feel better but, there are no guarantees and it is not impossible
you
>might feel worse.
>Concerning your second question I know of no example where a person had
>not used for some time, took ibogaine and then relapsed.  However, you should
>not rule anything out.  You know you far better than we do.  It is often
>difficult if not impossible to tell what is going to happen to people who
>are right in front of you and you are somewhere in internet space.
>It all really depends on who you are and what you want as well as, the
>general effects of ibogaine.  The very fact that you ask if using ibogaine
>would precipitate a relapse gives me some concern since I don't believe
>there is any such event described in the literature.
>
>Howard

The question I believe was, would ibogaine precipitate a relapse in a person
who was not currently using (doing good).  To that see above.  I do not
believe the question was, can a person relapse after ibogaine treatment for
active substance abuse disorders.

Certainly, relapse at one point or another is more or less common to ibogaine
treated patients who are chemically dependent as relapse is common to and
considered an aspect of recovery in all treatment modalities.

Howard

Howard