[ibogaine] war on drugs

Dana Beal dana at cures-not-wars.org
Sat Jul 6 16:14:01 EDT 2002

>I clicked through some of the links under Mindvox and
>most of them I've seen before but this one I haven't,
>then I noticed that drugwar also links it. What
>exactly is the Cato institute?
>
>What it's saying is the same thing all the anti-drug
>war people have been saying for a long time, but it's
>doing it in a very unemotional way. I've been reading
>the rest of the site and I guess it's a Libertarian
>Party site, but what they look like they want to do is
>throw the entire government into the garbage. It's not
>just the war on drugs, they look like they disagree
>with almost everything.
>
>I think I'm a Democrat at least I've voted that way
>before, but I'm not sure things got any better under
>Clinton, did they? The Republicans want to keep the
>war on drugs going why? I'm not clear on that either.
>The Libertarians just want to get rid of the entire
>government period and every site of theirs has a huge
>anti drug war section.
>
>Who out of all this wants to keep the war on drugs
>going??? And who is doing anything to support
>ibogaine, it doesn't look like really anybody except
>the people on this list and what they do offlist.
>
>Did I miss something obvious? I'm getting confused.
>
>Oh yes, Cato is http://www.cato.org
>
>-carrie

Why is David Boaz of Cato colluding with NORML and Ethan Nadelman to
keep ibogaine out of the drug legalization discussion?

David Boaz is on the Board of NORML. Understand: they "not against
Ibogaine." It's "just a side-issue." But ask yourself--which is more
responsible for "the drug problem?" Some people smoking pot, or the
fact the government is withholding the cure for addiction?

The prohibitionists charge that legalization will lead to "an
explosion of addiction." The legalizers fail to point out that
legalization would include ibogaine, so that it's impossible to
predict what would happen to addiction rates without factoring in the
Ibogaine.

And the legalizers keep losing the argument. So is Cato Institute
really doing legalization a favor by keeping maintaining a consensus
not to investigate  or discuss Ibogaine in the DRA, Commonsense for
Drug Policy?

Cato Institute  is also responsible for designing the Bush taxcut and
the plan to use Social Security to play the stockmarket. They're
Bushies!

Dana/cnw