[ibogaine] re

Brett Calabrese bcalabrese at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 23 16:55:59 EST 2002

> Brett, I did not mean that people should not be
> having this treatment or
> administering it, I just think that it is
> advantageous to do it under
> medical supervision.

Me too, or rather I would say there are advantages. I
guess what I hear sometimes is MINE IS BETTER THAN
YOURS - or even DON'T DO YOURS CAUSE I AM THE ONLY ONE
QUALIFIED. I don't hear, THESE ARE THE
CHOICES/OPTIONS/COSTS..., TRADE-OFFS, PRO's, CON'S,
now go make an informed decision on YOUR treatment
(screwed up in the head as addicts are, it is still
their decision). One thing I tell people is to get a
once over by a doctor, heart checked, liver, blood
chemistry... before taking ibo. This eliminates much
of those nasty un-diagnosed problems you mentioned.

> If the guide is experienced, follows protocol and
> screens the patient then
> the treatment can be given safely.

Absolutely - in relative safty anyway. That said there
is always a trade-off, ie, does someone who don't know
squat do the ibo treatment themselves if it is the
only way to freedom??? I know I would and I know
people who have done just that - successfully. I would
rather see the entire worlds addicts with ibogaine
(not under medical supervision) than what we have - I
think we will come out far ahead even with the risks
and no doubt fatalities involved.

> I am willing to share our experience in treating
> patients with ibogaine and
> we are open to learn from other treatment providers.
> What makes you think that we have not taken
> ibogaine? I believe that it is

Have you? Anyway, I was speaking of trade-offs, some
have experience in some areas but not in others.

> essential to know what patients are going through.

Tell me about it (you are correct). If there is ever a
drug/medication doctors should take before giving it
to patients, ibogaine is it - IMO of course. Of course
there are a bunch of folks I would love to dose with
the stuff (and a few other things), would do em good.

> If it was not for a treatment provider that is not
> licensed/sanctified/glorified/FDA approved, a close
> family member would
> still be using drugs and we would have never started
> giving treatments.

I would be dead.

> In science it is customary to share information...

As in life. A lot can be said about those who like to
keep information to themselves.

> so Healing Visions is
> not closing but relocating.

Didn't know that.