[ibogaine] Timberlake smoking pot at Lotus Bar in NYC

Alison Senepart aa.senepart at xtra.co.nz
Fri Dec 20 07:11:43 EST 2002

Mostly it comes back to the same thing , money, money and more money.  There
is so much talk and hypopricy abut drugs....   Govt members trot out their
same old spech hoping to gain votes while not upsettng too many people.  Its
all a juggle act and it gets caught up in politics, personal aspirations
etc.  which don't even take into account the poor person in the middle,  the
addict struggling to get help etc.
It shouldn't really come down to that level.  Drug changes should come from
an independant group of poeple.   That probably sounds naive and not
workable but I still think it would be a great idea for politicians to
actually take note of what the general public are asking for and look at
more advanced or better ways of getting addicts or people with problems on
track.    There are so many out there screaming for help and not getting it
or not knowing where to go to get it.  Don't know what its like in other
places but there is about a 6 month at least waiting list to get on the
methadone programme here in NZ South Island and nothing is being done to
sort it in the near future to make that any faster.  How many addicts who
are desperate and wanting help can go home and wait for six months.,  That
must be the biggest joke out.    News reports state large numbers waiting
and trying to get help but its not available due to lack of staff and
financing.  .  I can't understand why they have not advertised or at least
notified people here as to ibogain and its properties.l   Does no govt.
legislation support it??  Youd think the methadone clinic would take a good
look at it.   I 'm probably repeating what lots of people have said over
time but still felt I wanted to say it anyway.....  Allison