[ibogaine] only read if you have info on 2-ct-2 or other tryptamines

Jon Freedlander jfreed1 at umbc.edu
Mon Dec 9 10:47:32 EST 2002

On Mon, 9 Dec 2002, Nicholas Labus wrote:

> what is the current status of 2-ct-2?legally? hasd anyone any exsperience with dpt? I am wondering about other legal tryptamines?

These are both drugs that are not specifically listed under the Controlled
Substances Act, but could be prosecuted under the Federal Analog Act (dpt
is an analog of dmt, which is a controlled substance...2ct2 is an analog
of 2cb...)

the Analog Act states..

SEC 1203. DEFINITION.
    Section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 802) is
amended by adding at the end thereof the following:

    "(32)(A) Except as provided in subparagraph (B), the term `controlled
substance analogue' means a substance ---
    "(i) the chemical structure of which is substantially similar to the
chemical structure of a controlled substance in schedule I or II;
    "(ii) which has a stimulant, depressant, or hallucinogenic effect on
the central nervous system that is substantially similar to or greater
than the stimulent, [sic] depressant, or hallucinogenic effect on the
central nervous system of a controlled substance in schedule I or II;
    "(iii) with respect to a particular person, which such person
represents or intends to have a stimulant, depressant, or hallucinogenic
effect on the central nervous system that is substantially similar to or
greater than the stimulant, depressant, or hallucinogenic effect on the
central nervous system of a controlled substance in schedule I or II.

    "(B) Such term does not include ---
    "(i) a controlled substance;
    "(ii) any substance for which there is an approved new drug
application;
    "(iii) with respect to a particular person any substance, if an
exemption is in effect for investigational use, for that person, under
section 505 of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (21 U.S.C. 355) to
the extent conduct with respect to such substance is pursuant to such
exemption; or
    "(iv) any substance to the extent not intended for human consumption
before such an exemption takes effect with respect to that substance.".

| League of Surrealist Discord        -               www.lsdrecords.net |
|                  'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds...               |