[ibogaine] Re: [vox] Re: [ibogaine] Hello we Love you Lots and lotS!

preston peet ptpeet at nyc.rr.com
Tue Apr 23 21:15:27 EDT 2002

>All I can offer is this:  As an addict of more than 25 yrs., I have gone
through Live-In therapeutic communities, methadone treatment, counselling
etc!  What is WORKING for me, FINALLY, are two things.  My PERSONAL
RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD and a good medical doctor who prescribed something for
my anxiety and pain.  (I have chronic osteomellitis (sp).<

Ibogaine for some, methadone for others, heroin for those well off and well
connected enough to maintain a habit, Religion, pot, complete abstinence,
there are so many ways that work for so many people. I completely agree that
often finding a doctor who is willing to prescribe medications that treat
pain and anxiety can be all that are needed to break a habit derived from
self a real problem.
Peace,
Preston

> Personally, I am just MORE CONFUSED about ibogaine, after reading many of
your emails...

> All I can offer is this:  As an addict of more than 25 yrs., I have gone
through Live-In therapeutic communities, methadone treatment, counselling
etc!  What is WORKING for me, FINALLY, are two things.  My PERSONAL
RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD and a good medical doctor who prescribed something for
my anxiety and pain.  (I have chronic osteomellitis (sp).

or a little more there are always these people who pop up and I'm starting
to see a pattern. They aren't really clear on if they did ibogaine or not or
know somebody who did or don't like the idea or whatever, they rant for a
few messages and then leave.

>   Why do this?
>
>   Why post it to the ibogaine list?
>
>   If I was ever hesitant about ibogaine, which I was, or wasn't sure,
which I'm not, then what is incoherent anger going to do to except make me
add that person to my blocking list in email?

>   I know they're angry about something, I don't know what exactly but I'm
lost as to what inside their mind they are doing by posting these messages
and what it should accomplish.

>   -carrie
>
>     Nick Sandberg <sandberg at onetel.net.uk> wrote:

thousands, upon thousands, of dollars on this shit. It is just a gimmick, a
get rich scheme, that only leaves the poor families of addicts broke and
without any help what so ever. Print this on your site, or are you afraid
to? For real detox go to the hospitol, or to a medicated detox clinic.
Andre' Chavez. Also remove me from your list now !!! I'm going to expose the
lies you perpentrate, in the next issue of heroin helper, on line. If you
want to argue your case, E-ME, lying ass bitches.

for you with ibogaine? Seems nearly every week we have to go through this
fucking ritual with yet another whining junkie going on about "how ibogaine
doesn't work" - eventually, maybe, about 4 emails down the line we actually
get to hear about what their personal issue with the drug actually is. Or
most of the time not, they just go off, I guess, and wank on somewhere else,
still to scared or fucked up to talk about what's actually going on for
them. WHAT ARE THE FUCKING ISSUES, MAN? WHAT IS GOING ON FOR YOU
EMOTIONALLY? Do we get to hear about it? Or is it just going to be another
projected rant, leaving everyone in no doubt about why you're a junkie in
the first place?